HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

REFLECTIONS/Learnings (Due : June 23, 2009, before 01:00pm)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
kate karen rasonable

PostSubject: first meeting...   Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:05 am

The Professor…

Hmmm..Of course it’s none other than Mr. Randy S. Gamboa. Who wouldn’t know Mr. Gamboa? We’ll he’s just the “pinaka” among all the “pinaka’s” in the Institute of Computing(as what he always claims.. Cool ) The pinaka-cute, but-an., gwapo, bright and xempre the pinaka- isog, bagsik, and terror..huhu.. But of course, being a part of his students is a great honor for me since being handled by the “pinaka” professor of the institution gives a feeling of being “pinakaswerte”.. Why? It’s because he’ll teach you not only lessons found in the book but also lessons of the real world.(aw!hehe Shocked ).

The Class…

The number of students was really surprising. We we’re just about, I think, 19 students during our first meeting. We’ll maybe it’s because, it’s the second code for the subject since we we’re being closed (tsk..tsk.. drunken ) That’s why they’ve created a new code for us. But still, I’m looking forward for some other students from the other code to transfer to our class…

The Subject…

We’ll it’s MIS.. Management Information Systems.. During our first meeting, we had a discussion about the terms involved. First is the Management. Hearing this word, you’ll come up of the words facilitating, managing and supervising. In an organization, the manager facilitates, manages, and supervises the work of his employees. During our discussion or should I say our sharing, we come up with meaning of management which implies to somebody has to be managed so that he’ll be inherently capable of functioning independently. We’ve also learned about the functional descriptions of a managerial work which includes Planning, Directing, Organizing and Controlling. The second term or phrase is the Information Systems that comprises of the hardware plus software plus peopleware or the IT plus peopleware.

The Expectations..

Hmmm.. I expect a LOT of paper works in this subject. Outside world encounters. Learning a lot from the industries. We’ll I think it would be a nice experience for me since this would mean of meeting new people from different walks of life (ohww! Wink ) But still, in fear of the fact that we would also be interviewing these people and I’m really into fear of that stuff..huhuhuhu Embarassed No Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://spookywoolybully.blogspot.com
Norena T. Nicdao

PostSubject: Reflection...   Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:15 am

This first day of meeting with Dr. Randy S. Gamboa was a nervous, challenging and exciting day. I felt nervous because of some questions from Dr. Randy S. Gamboa about Management Information System (MIS). I felt challenging because you exert more effort of thinking to those questions in our topic about Management Information System (MIS). And I felt exciting because I expect that this subject can give us more learning’s which can help in our profession in the future. Aside from those discussions in the class, Dr. Randy S. Gamboa told us to make our own blog, this serve us our site in our online assignments. He gave us several assignments and posts it in our own blog. We will not meet our class next week that’s why he gave us homework.

www.minenor.blogspot.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alma cabase

PostSubject: Re: REFLECTIONS/Learnings (Due : June 23, 2009, before 01:00pm)   Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:15 am

An introduction to management and how it relates to information technology gives me a thought that before we could even think of being good in managing systems and complicated relationships in IT businesses, maybe it's a good thing to start managing ourselves first. Let us think of ourselves as a system. All of us are complicated systems and unique as we are, we will need different strategies for each one of us. I myself have lots of things to do, lots of people to relate to and a lot of deadlines to catch up. And its a good thing to know that in this subject I could not only learn in terms of my career side but also in self development.

The discussion went great.. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mae m. mara

PostSubject: reflection   Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:23 am

hello everyone. Very Happy

Honestly, I didn't make it in the first meeting since i wasn't able to attend the class.
But i asked some my classmates about what they have discussed and they imparted me those.
They told me about the four keys of managing which are PLANNING, DIRECTING, ORGANIZING, and CONTROLLING.
Management controlled software and hardware but never the peopleware since the peole have their own
ideas, capabilities and abilities to handle their corresponding jobs. As a result, people can only by lead,
and supervised. As hearing those brief but concise discussion i learned and i gained.

I regretted the day i wasn't able to attend the class. Peace sir!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
desiree

PostSubject: Re: REFLECTIONS/Learnings (Due : June 23, 2009, before 01:00pm)   Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:30 am

Talking about the
environment, it’s totally hot, and visualizing our situation there every
afternoon is such a horrible thing. However, despite of this cruel situation,
it’s so nice to think that our discussion would lead not to drag the
environment in. Our instructor managed to take the discussion alive because,
regardless of how strict our instructor is; Mr. Randy S. Gamboa has always a
unique way of teaching us. And one more thing is to think that my classmates
were always cheerful enough to handle things into at ease.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://deshai08.blogspot.com
Ma.AnnKristineTomada

PostSubject: Re: REFLECTIONS/Learnings (Due : June 23, 2009, before 01:00pm)   Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:38 am

Good MOrning pipz!.. flower

It wasn't my first time to be under by Mr. Randy, he was my prof. in Statistics but this is the first time that i am handle by him in a major subject. I really have my fear to be under by him for he is known as terror, but it's up to me how to face my fear... pale (heheheheehe) Well, in our first meeting you had explain to us what this subject all about. And because of that i have idea on what we are going to discuss and learn through out this semester.

Hope I can get more knowledge in this subject.And will become my tools for the remaining years here in my course .

God Bless to all of us... lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joan Rose P. Dandoy

PostSubject: Reflections on my first day...   Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:41 am

From the description of subject alone, Management Information System, I was really thinking that it was all about the creating systems in the industry just like of what others company had. To my surprise, I was merely wrong because the propriety of my whole thought was only as simple as making a hello program using JAVA program. Then, after meeting our facilitator, I learned that in order to finish this subject alone I should broaden my mind about what the world really needs using this subject.

While sitting on our room that day, June 18 this year 2009, I was wondering what does Sir Gamboa wants us to figure out regarding the equations he made about MIS. I really wanted to answer anything that time but all the ideas I had in my mind was not sufficient to clear the baffling things he is discussing. After that, when I reach home, I hurriedly look out for the meaning of MIS then there I found this single word in a definition which says its a "DISCIPLINE". Why have that word didn't come out that time when I was sitting on our class and searching for a possible answer. Maybe it would help, I guess (Hahaha, actually I'm not sure).

To conclude, I think Managerial Information System is a discipline which will help us in communicating with IT or Software + Hardware according to Sir Gamboa (hope so I am right, hahahaha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ariel Serenado

PostSubject: Re: REFLECTIONS/Learnings (Due : June 23, 2009, before 01:00pm)   Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:41 am

I'd like to share my M.I.S during the first meeting of the subject.

M(Memorable)....

I consider the first meeting as a memorable one. One thing that marked that day memorable is that the day was filled with enjoyment specially that there were new faces from USeP tagum campus. During the meeting he kept on reminding especially the new students to enjoy every meeting, for Sir Gamboa won't allow us to be too much serious with the subject but as much as possible make the most of every meeting full of learnings, and enjoyment. It's one way of getting away from pressure especially that we are in a crucial part of our 3rd year in college. So much for that, the day ended good and is worth remembering.

I(Informative)...

I consider the first meeting as a informative one. One thing that marked that day informative was the enthusiasm of our facilitator to impart what comprises MIS. From his discussions he identified the two distinct terms - Management and the Information System. According to him, Management implies that one has to be managed inherently acting independently. For me, what is trying to impart by Dr. Gamboa about Management is that one has to be managed in order that one will arrived in a collective manner of information to make timely and coherent ideas. He also made mentioned the key activities of Management -planning, organizing, directing and controlling. This key activities implies that if Management are planned, organized, directed, and controlled knowledge and decisions are based on facts and decisions are accurate and timely as a result. Information system, comprises Hardware, Software and Popleware. This implies that This means that Information System is viewed as the processing of data, from routine facts and figures into information which is then used for decision making. From that alone, it makes a lot of sense to illustrate how far an Information System affects every student taking the course. These are my learnings during the meeting.

S
(Structured)...

Structured. For me Sir Gamboa has his own structured type of learning strategy. For in every time he gave tasks, he assure it that student will have to exert effort and acquire much learnings. From that alone, he is tolerating the students to be effective in every chosen field. And that is how I see or observe how Sir Gamboa manages his plan for the students taking the course. Besides, the lessons are objective type. There are lot of references being used by him to facilitate much learning.

So much for that, I think that is all for my M.I.S..

nyC daY
Back to top Go down
View user profile
desiree

PostSubject: Re: REFLECTIONS/Learnings (Due : June 23, 2009, before 01:00pm)   Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:47 am

Have you imagine yourself taking up a major subject MIS with a
description Management Information System under the advisory of
Mr. Randy S. Gamboa Question Question

cheers Before anything
else, I would like to greet my new classmates from Tagum City!!
Welcome to USEP, Obrero. Just enjoy and be Blessed to be here.

The first meeting of our class with this subject has made me quite alarmed
knowing that Mr. Gamboa would be our instructor. Knowing his rules for almost
two years, student must really manage themselves before entering the class,
wearing complete uniform and arriving to school as early as possible. And the
first day of meeting have reached my expectation…

Here comes the first day of meeting. We were taught
about how our taken subject, MIS, have been produced and developed. MIS means
Management Information System. Management, as we all know, refers to the person
or people who perform the act(s) of planning, directing, organizing, and even
controlling a group of people. And in addition of what we all know, we have
been informed that a person can never manage a person itself since every human
being has its own feeling and desire. The next one is all about
Information System (IS) which refers to a system of people, data, records and
activities that process the data and information in an organization. With this
meaning, we would definitely come into realization that Information System is
all about Hardware, Software, and Peopleware. Therefore, if we're going to sum
it up, MIS would be better understood as Management Hardware, Software, and
Peopleware…

We’ve almost done with our discussion when suddenly
our instructor, Mr. Randy Gamboa, provided us an underlying question that every
one of us would really come to think. Does the subject description Management
Information System fits to be a subject? Or shall we say, do Management
Information System is an accurate description to be accepted as a subject?...

A person, as we have advised, can never manage nor
dictate a person or an individual however the subject description says
Management Hardware, Software, and Peopleware. To be exact, it could also be a
Peopleware where people manage people. In my deep understanding about what our
instructor was trying to imply is that Management Information System is not the
right term to be deployed as a subject description. For me, it should be MIT or
must be PMIT which means People Management Information Technology. But this
conclusion is just an accordance of what I have understood.

Talking about the environment, it’s totally hot, and
visualizing our situation there every afternoon is such a horrible thing.
However, despite of this cruel situation, it’s so nice to think that our
discussion would lead not to drag the environment in. Our instructor managed to
take the discussion alive because, regardless of how strict our instructor is;
Mr. Randy S. Gamboa has always a unique way of teaching us. And one more thing
is to think that my classmates were always cheerful enough to handle things
into at ease…

So, guys, chiLL!!
God Bless sir!
[wow][/wow]

Last edited by desiree on Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://deshai08.blogspot.com
♥ilyn_mapalo♥

PostSubject: First day class class reflection(s) && learning(s)....^_^   Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:47 am

Arrow Well, after 1 week of having no class in my subjects, last June 18,2009 we met our professor Mr. Randy S. Gamboa. He(Sir Gamboa) entered the room so calm not knowing he's already late...hehe(Hi Sir...Very Happy)Hmm...that's because the time he knew is 10:30..... Very Happy
flower flower flower flower flower

Idea First thing he asked is "What is management?". And the first thing come into my mind is managing as from the word management itself. study Some of my classmates answered supervising, facilitating, managing the people and etc. After that, Sir Gamboa gave us the meaning of management and he said it implies that someone has to be managed which means that he can inherit functions and capabilities to work independently.He also gave as formulas of IT and IS.... IT=SW HW and IS=SW HW PW.Based on their formulas, IS includes us, the people.He also gave us the four(4) key activities in managerial work which are Planning, Directing, Organizing and Controlling. study
flower flower flower flower flower

Idea After some few statements, he asked us if we want to be managed if we were an employees. Almost says yes and i can remember the one who says no and that is Miss Venus...hehe!For me, Yes, i want to be manage to be able to work efficiently and properly. But Sir Gamboa said that if we want to be managed, then we are controlled by the manager.After arguing, one of my classmate got the exact term and that is to be "GUIDED". Managers should guide their employees to do what's good for their companies and organiztaions. For me, it doesn't mean that managers have the right over employees in a sense that they want to control them."Guide not controlled".Hmm...and then time's up.He gave then an assignments to research study...that's all!thank u..hehe

try to visit my blog here:

afro .........don't forget to drop some comments there.......tenchu! afro Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

lol! lol! lol!

Last edited by ♥ilyn_mapalo♥ on Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lynneth C. Llemit

PostSubject: REflectiooooooooons   Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:51 am

Uhm...

I am absent again in my first day of class..lolz...xD

but i would share my learning based on my previous subject with SRG...

At first i thought it was really tiring and boriiiinnnggg...

but that was awesome...going outside the school to learn...

that was the best... and i am great full having another subject with him this semester...

yeaaaahhhh cheers

i expect this subject to be more exciting...

si sir Gamboa pa...

pa cute2 na pero astig...hehehe..gae ko ug piso sir....xD

but this time...i would try to be more resourcefull...hehehe

xao xao everyone...

enjoy MIS^_^

visit my blog @: http://angbantotmo.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://angbantotmo.blogspot.com/
sharlyn joy pines

PostSubject: Re: REFLECTIONS/Learnings (Due : June 23, 2009, before 01:00pm)   Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:57 am

Last edited by sharlyn joy pines on Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Cesar E. Manlangit

PostSubject: Reflections/Learnings on the first day..   Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:59 am

We had our first meeting on our subject MIS last Thursday, July 18,2009. As usual, our facilitator is none other than Mr. Randy Gamboa.

He introduced to us the subject Management Information Systems, or simply MIS. He explained to us what comprises IS and IT. He also explained to us the meaning of management.
But then after some discussions, he gave us assignments..

I have learned many things about the discussion, especially about management. He gave us the 4 key activities in management which are Planning, Directing, Organizing and Control. That was the unforgettable topic in our discussion..

Hope that we will learn more in our subject MIS by the next days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alfredo V. Ala-an

PostSubject: Re: REFLECTIONS/Learnings (Due : June 23, 2009, before 01:00pm)   Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:00 pm

To give some reflection of our learning about our course description the MIS(Management Information System), first we define it by a whole then we again define it word for word.

To begin with the word management from the word itself "manage" Laughing how to deal with a certain thing. The word management has also key activities. This key activities was acronym as PDOC stands for plan,direct,organize and control. With this PDOC I also believe that it could truly help to give a good or a better managing.

Second was the IS(Information System) which refers to the physical components of computer also known as the hardware, second was the programs or the software and the last was the people. Also, he gave us equation IS=IT+PW. The meaning for that was information system is equal to information technology plus the people ware. Also IT=HW+SW which means information technology is equal to hardware plus the software.

To give point or idea in this course description, all i could say is, this is all about to how to deal with a good or better managing in a information system.

***end**

also visit my blog at http://alfred-ala-an.blogspot.com/

god bless!! cocoi™️ Very Happy

Last edited by Alfredo V. Ala-an on Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emilio jopia jr.

PostSubject: Re: REFLECTIONS/Learnings (Due : June 23, 2009, before 01:00pm)   Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:01 pm

Unfortunately, I was absent during the first day of MIS (Management Information System) subject.However, I take the initiative to ask my class of what they had tackled on that day.

Having been under by Sir Gamboa before, I know that students who are first time to be handled by Sir Gamboa will have to take the "initiation" in which they have to introduce themselves and show their talents.

By definition, "An 'MIS' is a planned system of the collecting, processing, storing and disseminating data in the form of information needed to carry out the functions of management".

MIS related jobs may not be the forefront movers of the business entity but they play a major roles in creating an organize structure of data in order to have a system that is ideal to the company.

"An Organization without a System is Chaos".

-Emili Jopia Jr.

By the way, welcome to our new classmate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
athina alorro

PostSubject: REFLECTIONS/Learnings   Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:03 pm

The things that I realized during the first day in general..

Like a Star @ heaven I really missed wearing my uniform. pig
Like a Star @ heaven I'm very happy to see my friends again after the loooong vacation. clown
Like a Star @ heaven We are less than 20 students in class..while the other MIS class is more than 30..(I think.)
Like a Star @ heaven I'm excited to learn. Shocked

Learnings:
Idea There are four components in management namely: Planning, Directing, Organizing and Controlling. (in short PDOC)
Idea You can manage time, data, things, events..etc. but not people.
Idea People are not meant to be managed..but led.
Idea MIS = Software plus Hardware plus Peopleware

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.athina09.blogspot.com
Gleizelle Jen Dieparine

PostSubject: Re: REFLECTIONS/Learnings (Due : June 23, 2009, before 01:00pm)   Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:11 pm

lol! My Reflection lol!

Razz It was sunny Friday afternoon Cool at exactly 1 pm, our scheduled time in Management Information System, we meet again our professor Sir Randy S. Gamboa. A professor rather a “gwapo” (as he call himself )is a cool yet terror teacher I know cheers . I just remember my first red mark he given me on my Analytical Geometry , it hurts me so much since only few of us get failed, but I don’t want it to be repeated .Ok , by d way though he failed me once assuredly sir RSG has a good heart …

Razz We started our class in enjoyable way of having fun with the first timer under sir RSG..jjejej. They’ve introduced themselves and shown their talent as we had experience in the past years … jeje je.

Razz Fascinating moment filled me when we discussed about our subject, the way sir talk ,the contribution of my classmates . I’ve realize that this subject really gives us the learnings in to be successful in the path we chose , how to be IT professional. I’ve heard
many activities ,I don’t usually do .Like blogging and sharing ideas in language I never usually use .jejeje.

Razz As I remember , Sir made us confused in the description of the subject. With some informations in our discussion I’ve learned that Management(M) involves planning, directing, organizing and controlling . Information System(IS) is composed of hardware+ software+ peopleware .For my understanding since IS is in commutative property so it means every property of IS has there own capability to manage themselves but they should be guided. .The peopleware can contribute learning from software and hardware vice versa .That is the meaning of the managing “cooperating” it is not necessary that leaders can control their members. Members also can help their leaders. Do your part as they do their part .It can help us to know how to manage our self in the role that we will encounter in the real life.

Razz I hope I could learn much about this subject …I find blogging relaxing , enjoyable because I’m good in writing rather than talking. I hope I could earn more learnings .. as we pursue this subject….Gud luck to everyone…God Bless….

view my blog http://gleizelle.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Gleizelle Jen Dieparine on Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jealou azucena

PostSubject: first day reflection   Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:12 pm

the first day

that teacher...again...
i thought i was going to be late
time is always running out
your always on the move
because...
that teacher...again...

that teacher again...
when i sat on his class for another semester
i remember the feeling of a child being inspected
that teacher always make me nervous
yet always want to make me prove my worth

because that teacher is really something...

and then i learned...i remembered...
----there's a world out there...the real one...REAL WORLD...
----almost everything in class is a lie...
----when ask a question, answer... no one dies being wrong...
----everything is possible...
----dont be late...
----wear your uniform...
new learning and a new subject
----MIS stands for Management Information System
----it has four components: Planning, Directing, Organizing, Controlling
----but people should not be controlled...they should be lead...
so better be called LEADING INFORMATION SYSTEM...^^

two monkeys exchanging banana's can only have one banana
but a room full of student exchanging ideas cannot have one banana
but millions of thousands idea...

(nah! i sound so poetic...hehehe)

the teacher...on that first day...

ang pagtuturo ay isang propesyon...
kung gusto mong YUMAMAN wag kang MAGTURO

--at kung lahat ng tao ay magkakaroon ng paboritong teacher...--

jealou azucena lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karen Palero

PostSubject: First day learnings...   Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:34 pm

Management Information Systems learnings:

Management - it is the Planning, Directing, Organizing, and Controlling a certain matter or event.

Information Technology = HARDWARE + SOFTWARE

Information Systems = HARDWARE + SOFTWARE + PEOPLEWARE

Therefore, MIS is planning, directing, organizing and controlling IT and peopleware?

But Sir Gamboa said that people can't be managed because we are not robots, thus we have feelings.

What we can only do to people is to LEAD them.. give directions and be a guide.

We can all be MANAGERS but not LEADERS.

Aside from learnings I also gained confusions during our first meeting..hehe

Sir Gamboa left us the question "Is the subject MIS, correct?".

Well, a part of me says 'YES' because if it's wrong, then why would we have this subject?

And a part of me says 'NO' because only software and hardware could be manage..

So I browsed the meaning of Management Information Systems in wikipedia and below is just a part of it..

"Management information systems are distinct from regular information systems in that they are used to analyze other information systems applied in operational activities in the organization. Academically, the term is commonly used to refer to the group of information management methods tied to the automation or support of human decision making, e.g. decision support systems, expert systems, and executive information systems."
Source: en.wikipedia.org

The way I understand it, MIS is a method (Software + Hardware) to support or guide human (Peopleware) in decision making.What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.misallabouts.blogspot.com
JerusalemAlvaira

PostSubject: Reflections   Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:43 pm

Our first meeting with Sir Randy Gamboa was fun... As expected, there will be group projects, presentations and more company visits. Very Happy

He introduced the subject Management Information Systems 1 or MIS 1 starting with the word Management with its keys:

Exclamation PLANNING
Exclamation DIRECTING
Exclamation ORGANIZING
Exclamation CONTROLLING.

Sir Randy also discussed about the components of Information System - Hardware, Software and Peopleware. I agree with what Sir Randy said about the subject that it should be named Leadership and Management Information System because if we talk about Management Information System and learning about its components, it means for me, that even people has to be managed when in fact, the only things that should be managed are the hardware and the software components of Information System. On the other hand, the people are not supposed to be managed or controlled but to be guided or to be led in every responsibility that they have.

For your comments, click here
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Edsa Fe Esio

PostSubject: First day Reflection   Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:46 pm

first day of the class...silent

it feels like...

back to normal in my part..(...as student...)
excited, nervous, tense, fun... the same old feelings.... but, sounds as new every start of the class.. (specially when SRG is around.. ahehe)
i'm also looking forward for the new learnings... it would be helpful to me and for sure Applicable to the real world they say... (i'm excited!...)

learnings....

...Management Information Systems (MIS)...
Management has its keys - PLANNING, DIRECTING, ORGANIZING AND CONTROLLING
...and that people are not to be managed, and the things that should be managed are the hardware and the software only.

...gudluck 2 me and 2 ol...
Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Michael George Guanzon

PostSubject: learnings!!!!   Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:13 pm

Last Thursday, June 18, 2009..We had our first meeting in our MIS 1 subject and our facilitator was Dr. Randy Gamboa..

He introduced our subject in this semester which is the Management Information System 1 and gave us the four keys of management which are PLANNING, DIRECTING, ORGANIZING, CONTROLLING. By the help of this keys we can easily work well. I have learned also in that first meeting as Sir Randy said, people should not be managed, just be guided..He said that if we want to be managed, then we are controlled.

He also said that MIS is the heart of a company or an organization because it holds all the information that could make a company or an organization succeed or fail.

goodluck to all of us..
Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Michelle Adlawan

PostSubject: Re: REFLECTIONS/Learnings (Due : June 23, 2009, before 01:00pm)   Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:37 pm

We started our class at exactly 1pm…I was almost late when I arrived, good thing someone approached Sir Randy in the lobby so I got time to climb up the stairs up to the 5th floor (where we will be having our class). Whew! After a few minutes, Sir Randy arrived and started the discussion.

Though Sir was known to be strict and a disciplinarian, Very Happy it was always comfortable being in his class – but still the pressure is still there. We got to meet the transferees from USeP-Tagum and they’re all quite fine. They are all “virgins” in Sir Randy’s advisory so we got the chance to have some little entertainment. lol! They we’re pretty shy but then they were cooperative. I just want to take this opportunity to welcome them as being part of the class and to the super beautiful Obrero campus. (WELCOME TO YOUR BEAUTIFUL NIGHTMARE! Wahahaha! I’m hoping that we can all be good classmates. You want?) afro

As the discussion starts, Sir introduce the question about the meaning of our subject MIS (Management Information System) and everyone just got hooked on what is really the answer. And then he decided to make it as our first assignment in the subject. He elaborated the PDOC: Planning, Directing, Organizing, and Controlling, which he said the 4 keys of Management. He told us that man cannot be control by another person. And if that happens, it would cause conflict between the two parties. He told us the components of IT (Information Technology) which is Hardware + Software and IS (Information System) composed of Hardware + Software + Peopleware
Information System involves people so there’s a conflict on the managing system because man as it is said, cannot be control by another person. That is the uncertainty that had brought up during the discussion which made the subject description become questionable. “Is Managing Information System the correct name for our subject?” is the question Sir added to the class. For now, I’m still in queue for finding an answer to the question. This got to be really hard. study

Everyone’s just got a lot to share with this subject, I know. And we will all be challenged by this. Save your energy guys…this is just the beginning. God Bless! Laughing

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leah_saavedra

PostSubject: Re: REFLECTIONS/Learnings (Due : June 23, 2009, before 01:00pm)   Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:22 pm

Reflection… reflection… reflection…
This is the thing you need to do after the introduction…
On our first day of class several were late that’s why Sir Gamboa asked them to show their talents, or shall I say, there forced talents. If you cannot sing and dance, well you have to, you don’t have a choice, because Sir Gamboa will not just let you sit and relax.

First, Sir Gamboa asked what does MIS stands for and what is management. I really don’t have an idea about the subject, except the fact that it stands for Management Information System. That’s why when Sir Gamboa asked the class about it some answered it’s the act of managing…obviously. Though his smiling he still looks scary especially to those first timers in his class. We’ve learned about PDOC: planning, directing, organizing and consulting which he said were the four keys of management. We also had a short discussion about Information System. As what he told us it is composed of hardware, software and peopleware.

Afterwards he gave us assignments and told us to update our blogs.

So this is it. Good luck to all of us. Welcome newbies. God bless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
karl philip abregana

PostSubject: Re: REFLECTIONS/Learnings (Due : June 23, 2009, before 01:00pm)   Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:11 pm

Just like before Sir Gamboa is still strict in time, and we are entertained by our classmates who came from TAGUM and We hope that they would enjoy their stay here in USEP Obrero.
He asked as about our subject and our classmates were very active in answering his questions.

He discussed the four keys of management and introduced it one by one. These are PLANNING,DIRECTING,ORGANIZING and CONTROLLING. We also discussed about the information systems. tongue tongue He said that people should not be control because people have feelings and this may cause trouble.

Surprised Surprised After all of that discussion we are assigned to update our blog and answer this quetsions. I hope that we all survive this challenging subject. That's all, thank you!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REFLECTIONS/Learnings (Due : June 23, 2009, before 01:00pm)   

Back to top Go down

REFLECTIONS/Learnings (Due : June 23, 2009, before 01:00pm)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next