HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

INTRODUCTION

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
eyesee

PostSubject: INTRODUCTION   Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:18 am

Hi, i'm your professor in this subject ...pls reply to this thread by introducing yourself too with your expectation(s) to the subject and professor ..pls limit your reply to 5 lines only ....pls visit this forum from time to time as papers/assignments/exercises will be posted here and you are expected to post your answers promptly ...tnx

NO SCREEN NAME/ALIAS please ... REGISTER with your COMPLETE NAME your answers promptly ...tnx

SOME REMINDERS:

When writing a paper try to use your own words majority of the time.
When you use another person's words, use quotation marks and give credit to the source, either within the text or in a footnote.
No student shall, with intent to deceive, represent the work of another individual as his or her own in any of his papers/assignments/exercises submitted in this subject, whether the material so represented constitutes a part or the entirety of the work submitted.

AVOID PLAGIARISM (give credit where credit's is due)
Dont forget to cite references/authors, here are some tips :

Citing the author in the text
If the author's name occurs naturally in the sentence the year is given in brackets.
Using direct quotes
If you quote directly from a source you must insert the author's name, date of publication and the page number of the quotation.
The page number should be given at the end of the quote, in separate brackets if necessary.
Citing Works by more than one author
If your source has two authors you should include both names in the text.
Citing works by three or more authors
If there are three or more authors you should include the first named author and then add 'et al.' in italics followed by a full stop. This is an abbreviation of 'et alia' which means 'and others' in Latin.
Citing a chapter or section
When referring to a chapter or section which is part of a larger work, you should cite the author of the chapter not the editor of the whole work.
Citing works by the same author written in the same year
If you cite two or more works written in the same year by the same author, then you must differentiate between them in both the text and your List of references by listing them as a, b, c etc.
Citing secondary sources
When citing secondary sources (ie an author refers to a work you have not read) cite the secondary source, but include the name of the author and date of publication of the original source in the text.
Only the secondary source should be listed in your List of references. You should only cite secondary sources if you are unable to read the original source yourself.

http://www.wmin.ac.uk/page-8421

***You can use also APA and MLA citation style***
Back to top Go down
View user profile
charmaine_dayanan

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:03 pm

Hello Sir, fellow MIS studes and USePians...! cheers
lol! I'm Charmaine D. Dayanan, 4th-yr BS Information Technology student, currently enrolled in IT 313 - Management Information System subject (obviously... hehe). Well, it feels good to be back in Sir Gamboa's forum. And as a my first step to another subject, I expect another semester overflowing with new knowledge and information especially that 'information system' is related to this subject. Smile Not just information and knowledge will overflow but also online assignments and major papers along the way. (whew!) pale scratch study But of course, I expect my instructor to be more KIND, and GENTLE, and a little bit CONSIDERATE (also good-humored) this time. Razz [And though not asked, I expect my classmates, esp. groupmates, to be MORE witty & responsible this time...hehe] lol! lol! kudos everyone!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://charmainespeaksup.blogspot.com
Fritzielaine A. Barcena

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:50 pm

Very Happy Hi Sir Gamboa,

I am Fritzielaine A. Barcena, 3rd year BSIT student, came from USeP Tagum Campus.. Enrolled in IT 313- Management Information System..Smile Honestly, Neutral its my first time to join this kind of online forum.. Smile As a beginner of USeP Obrero Campus, Institute of Computing, I expect to gain knowledge and more information in this subject.. Since I've been in USeP Tagum Campus for 2 years, I observed that it has a big difference in the teaching habit Surprised, also the environment of the school.. To my instructor, I expect to be more thoughtful and a kindhearted one..Smile God Bless..Smile

Smile Smile Smile

Last edited by Fritzielaine A. Barcena on Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://prettypriti-pretty.blogspot.com/
Marren Pequiro

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:41 pm

I'm Marren Joy Pequiro, 19 years old, and a 4th year BSIT student.
Knowing Sir RSG, I'd expect that he would really make our semester full of blood. That means more paper works, a lot of company visits, online assignments and never ending updating of the blog. hehe peace Sir! Also,new learning would be gained from these activities. However, I expect that Sir RSG would still be the person we have known since our AnalGeom and HRM days. Considerate, funny and the one who could guide us through the right path.
As the subject name itself says, Management Information System(MIS), so I guess we would be dealing more on the industry, with its hardware, software and also the peopleware. Chill! Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://emzpequiro.blogspot.com
kristine_delatorre

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:07 pm

hello!

im kristine jane dela torre, 18 y/o a 3rd year IT student a transferee from usep tagum campus.. In the first meeting in our class MIS i was quite nervous because our facilitator Dr.Gamboa is well-known strict and do requires plenty of assigment. But im hoping that with this subject i may able to learn a lot about MIS and hopefully it will help me in my future career.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://kjdelatorre.blogspot.com/
Roy Cuevas

PostSubject: Intro Rep.   Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:32 pm

1. Hi,this is Roy Laurentino D. Cuevas, Roy for short and I am 20 years old.

2. I am an irregular 4th year student.

3. I expect this subject to give me tons and tons of knowledge about the MIS depts. of companies, their goals, their importance and everything about them.

4. As for the professor(Sir Randy Gamboa), like from my former subject with him(HRM), I expect the grueling discussions, the humorous jokes and the reportings.

5. Sir, continue to "guide" us, and give us the knowledge that we need to be able to become better IT students in the near future.

Jai Ho!(I don't know what that means)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
♥ilyn_mapalo♥

PostSubject: Expectations from the class, subject especially the professor!^_^   Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:38 am

Arrow Greetings to everyone!! Smile

Good day....I am Ilyn P. Mapalo, 19 3/4 years of age(hehe), fourth year in college but third year in standing(pd maulaw??hehe).Well, I expect MIS1(Management Information System) to be one of the difficult and challenging subect in this semester study ..hehe!But it is also expected that at the end of this semester, we could learn so many things about management as from its name itself that can help and apply in our future living.Hmmm....I expect from our professor to be a kind and considerate facilitator in this subject. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Gud Luck to us and GOD Bless Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Last edited by ♥ilyn_mapalo♥ on Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jovylin O. Sandoval

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:14 am

Hi Sir Gamboa, Hello classmates! good day...! sunny

I am Jovylin O. Sandoval, 20 yrs. of age. Unfortunately, an irregular 4th year IT student. huhuhu! Crying or Very sad
By d way, on this subject I expect that this would be more difficult, challenging, exciting and pressurable than what we have in our HRM subject last year, as what Sir Gamboa said on our first meeting that his strategy for this time is more "makamatay daw!" affraid oh my God! so let's just do our best Smile ...And then for him, I've already expected even before that he would be more strict and cautious here on MIS esp. on our projects, but still we would learn a lot of things inside or even outside of the campus esp. in the IT industry because of him.bounce
So for us, goodluck guys and gals! and may the God bless us! keep going... cheers ...See ya Exclamation
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://juvz14.multiply.com
AlyssaRae Soriano

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:08 pm

Hi! I'm Alyssa Rae Verona Soriano. A JUNSEN, meaning half JUNIOR and half SENIOR.hehe Smile
I do expect a lot from this subject since that RSG clarified and prompted us that we shall learn what we must from the outside world and not just by merely sitting on your chair and listening chit chats from the instructor. Smile Though its really hard but I find it challenging. Smile Also, I do expect a lot of efforts that MUST be exerted from each of the students involved and enrolled in this subject. That's all I think.hehe Smile GOD BLESS and more power to all. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Franz Cie B. Suico

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:37 pm

Hello..
Smile

My name is Franz Cie B. Suico. I am a 5th year student in the University but 3rd year regular cheers and currenty enrolled in IT313 - Management Information System. Actually it's my first time being under the guidance of Sir Randy S. Gamboa yet i know how sir Randy deal with his students due to the student's stories about Sir but I'm really looking forward to Sir Randy's way of teaching Wink [but i was under Sir Randy's class in Probability and Statistics ^^]. I expect this to be a very good opportunity for us to know how the industry/reality works and to learn from that chances. And i am honored and happy to be in Sir Randy's class because i know Sir Randy can only give us 10% of the total learnings that we can get and 90% is up to us to work for it. study AJA!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rosemie nunez

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:53 pm

Very Happy Hi, I'm Rosemie Pernes Nunez, 19 years old..i love dancing..i have no talent in singing.. hekhek
3rd yr - 4th yr standing..hmmm....(therefore my college years is 4 years plus 1)hehehehehe affraid bounce
I expect that this subject would give us lot of new experiences and learning.
I'm excited because we will be facing the real world again as we visit our company soon.
GODBLESS US ALL..:)HAv a NICE dAy!!!! visit my blog at www.rosemienp.blogspot.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rosemienp.blogspot.com
Jan Neil Enanoria Gador

PostSubject: Introduction: Im Jan Neil Gador   Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:51 pm

Hi, I'm Jan Neil Enanoria Gador. I am a student in the Institute of Computing and my current standing in this college is either 4th year advance or 3rd year irregular (call it whatever you want.) I love music. I play bass guitar in a band (Strings on the Shed) but I don't sing. During my previous subject which was Human Resource Management, Sir Randy Gamboa told us not to expect a lot in that subject and since he told us that we would not learn a lot from him but instead we would learn a lot from the outside. Since Sir Randy Gamboa is our instructor or facilitator (as he said) in this subject, I expect the same. I do also expect that it would be fun and thrilling at the same time. I hope that God would smile upon us. God bless us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maria Theresa F. Rulete

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:08 pm

Hello everyone!!! I am Maria Theresa F. Rulete, a 3rd year BSIT student, 18 years of age .. Laughing Enrolling the subject IT 313 - Management Information System feels like I'm experiencing a culture shock that I don't know if I could pass this subject.. Crying or Very sad :afraid: Shocked I expect to learn so much from this subject and I'm sure that enrolling this subject would make me very busy.. No No No I've been under Mr. RSG twice but I'm still afraid of him.. Crying or Very sad Maybe it's because of the information about sir rsg that my brother had shared with me..I hope that our teacher would be gentle on giving us activities.. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by tere_etelur on Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joverly gonzales

PostSubject: expectations   Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:27 pm

Helow everyOne... Very Happy
I'm Joverly Gonzales, BSIT-4 years in College but 3rd-year in standing.... cheers
In this subjects, maybe its hard but I NEED to enjoy it.(hahaha). To my professor, I know that He is so strict Suspect in all aspect... Maybe He does not tolerate the mistake or the wrong act of a Students...(huhuhu again.) But when we, a students, follow all his instructions, everything will be fine..(hehehe )...
study

Last edited by joverly gonzales on Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jezreel Jyl P. Hilado

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:29 pm

Arrow To start: I am Jezreel Jyl P. Hilado, my friends often call me “JEZ”, or “JYL”. Wink I am 18 years of age and my parents heard my first cry Crying or Very sad on March 27, 1991. I am a 3rd yr. BSIT student and currently enrolled in the subjects Management Information Systems and Human Resource Management under DR. RS Gamboa Cool. Since I am not a new student of IC, I already knew Sir Gamboa's way of teaching and I expect him to be more generous and kindhearted. I expect to learn a lot of interesting topics on the next discussions to come.GOOD LUCK to all of us!..hahaha. lol! AJA! cheers

Last edited by Jezreel Jyl P. Hilado on Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gleizelle Jen Dieparine

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:39 pm

Hai gud day !Im Gleizelle Jen Dieparine a proud 3rd year student."Gleiz" is the usual nym my friends call me. I can describe myself as a calm and benign gal.Taking up this subject Management Information Systems, curiousity comes first on my mind . Would I pass? Could I apply this learnings in the real world? Honestly,I really dont know much about blogging but see? im learning!!we will never know soon!! jejeje I hope so.I really expect more about this subj. and also all my major subject since this year is the hardest part of being student!!Gud luck to us espescially 3rd yr
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vanessa may caneda

PostSubject: Introduction..   Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:12 pm

Hi I'm Vanessa May Caneda. A BSIT-4 student currently enrolled in IT-313 (Management Information System). I guess this semester would be so exciting and fun knowing that Sir Randy will give us lots of exercises the same way we had before during Human Resource
Management days.. lol!

The
best thing I've learned from Sir Randy is that the learnings we had
will not only limit on the four corners of the room but exploring the outside world. With this subject, I do expect that everything will goes smoothly. We will learn some things which we can apply on our future career at the same time we're having fun so Good Luck to all of us..
hehe! bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Cesar E. Manlangit

PostSubject: Introduction   Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:01 pm

Hi, I'm John Cesar E. Manlangit. A BSIT-4 student. I expect that I would learn many things in this subject. I also expect our teacher that he will facilitate us in this subject..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Paul Pulido

PostSubject: wowowee!   Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:16 pm

Hi! I'm John Paul C. Pulido. A BSIT 3 student enrolled in IT-313(Management Information System). "Jampong" is my nickname in school. I like to listen in reggae, heavy metal, metal, and rock songs. My favorite hang out is playing DOTA and basketball with my classmates. I expect that this subject is very fun because all our activities are submitted through blogs.javascript:emoticonp('lol!')

To our beloved professor, hope that you will give us good grades...javascript:emoticonp('lol!')
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ida Karla Duguran

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:11 pm

Hi, I am Ida Karla B. Duguran also known as "Kamahalan". Do I mean “Your Highness”? Yeah, sounds good to me! (lol) Razz . Well, some of my friends address me that for that is my username in my Friendster account and I guess after having that said username, they used to call me that way. I’m a 4th year BSIT student, currently enrolled in IT313 – Management Information System under Sir Randy Gamboa and expecting that this subject and the instructor would give me more knowledge, awaken my mind to the happenings in the real world(again), and energized my body through having interesting activities bounce which could help me develop and improve my IT skills and my skills in nature. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neil rey c. niere

PostSubject: ..^_^.. INTRODUCTION   Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:17 pm

Good Evening Sir..

Hello sir Randy, I'm Neil Rey C. Niere. A 3rd year BSIT student, 18 years of age.Enrolling the subject IT 311( MIS).

I expect a lot of information in this subject and i think this subject will be very interesting and thrilling. I've been under by sir Randy twice and i like the way he deliver his learning's on us. I hope that sir Randy will be gentle and simple in giving his worth full activities. Good Luck to each and everyone, God Bless us all....

afro let's do I.T.!!! rendeer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Venus Millena

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:59 am

Hi Sir Gamboa & classmates!!!

lol! lol! lol!

I'm Venus S. Millena. My friends call me "Ben", "Ven", "dyosah", "nut", "venus anne" or plainly "venus" "I'm currently four years college year but still in 3rd year standing due to some circumstances. I'm expecting from our teacher Sir Randy Gamboa as a strict at the same time considerate teacher. His approachable unless there is no sign of " Do Not Disturb" in his desk. I'm expecting in this subject that everyone must be aware in his time allotted for this subject, because it is really a time consuming subject. GB & GD!!!

Razz Embarassed Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://venus_astarte16@yahoo.com
rowell_pines

PostSubject: INTRODUCTION   Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:04 am

Shocked Shocked

...what's up sir!

I'm Rowell V. Pines, a 3rd year BSIT student.
From Tagum-Mabini campus and presently continuing my course here in MAIN campus.
I'm actually came from Tagum City just to experience more unfamiliar things, and here it is.

Gud day sir! Shocked Shocked

http://vanthegreat.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://vanthegreat.blogspot.com
Dolorosa G. Mancera

PostSubject: INTRODUCTION:)   Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:43 am

Arrow Hi! I’m Dolorosa G. Mancera, 19 years of age and unfortunately an irregular 4th yr IT student Sad , currently enrolled in IT 313 – Management Information System subject. Wow! It feels good to be back with Sir Gamboa’s hands(hehe).For this subject, I expect this to be more exciting cause we will be dealing with real world again through visiting our company soon. I hope this will give us new learnings and unforgettable experiences. Since it’s not my first time with Sir Gamboa, I'm still expecting that he would be gentle and a little bit strict but considerate instructor. Good Luck guyz!! Kudos Exclamation Exclamation

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sharlyn joy pines

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:13 am

Hello Sir... everyOne...

I'm Sharlyn Joy T. Pines, a 3rd year IT student of this university.
I am expecting this subject (MIS)to shower us more and more knowledge that we can surely apply in the future as we continue to traverse the road of life.
As to Sir Gamboa,I got two lucky semesters and this would be the third time around that you became our prof.
You may be considerable in some ways and may you give credit to our efforts (nanghangyo Sir..hehe).
Your gentle approach would be a big help for us to be optimistic at all times.
Thank You Sir!!! Godbless....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   

Back to top Go down

INTRODUCTION
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next