HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

INTRODUCTION

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
eyesee

PostSubject: INTRODUCTION   Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:27 pm

Hi, i'm your professor in this subject ...pls reply to this thread by introducing yourself too with your expectation(s) to the subject and professor ..pls limit your reply to 5 lines only ....pls visit this forum from time to time as papers/assignments/exercises will be posted here and you are expected to post your answers promptly ...tnx

NO SCREEN NAME/ALIAS please ... REGISTER with your COMPLETE NAME

SOME REMINDERS:

When writing a paper try to use your own words majority of the time.
When you use another person's words, use quotation marks and give credit to the source, either within the text or in a footnote.
No student shall, with intent to deceive, represent the work of another individual as his or her own in any of his papers/assignments/exercises submitted in this subject, whether the material so represented constitutes a part or the entirety of the work submitted.

AVOID PLAGIARISM (give credit where credit's is due)
Dont forget to cite references/authors, here are some tips :

Citing the author in the text
If the author's name occurs naturally in the sentence the year is given in brackets.
Using direct quotes
If you quote directly from a source you must insert the author's name, date of publication and the page number of the quotation.
The page number should be given at the end of the quote, in separate brackets if necessary.
Citing Works by more than one author
If your source has two authors you should include both names in the text.
Citing works by three or more authors
If there are three or more authors you should include the first named author and then add 'et al.' in italics followed by a full stop. This is an abbreviation of 'et alia' which means 'and others' in Latin.
Citing a chapter or section
When referring to a chapter or section which is part of a larger work, you should cite the author of the chapter not the editor of the whole work.
Citing works by the same author written in the same year
If you cite two or more works written in the same year by the same author, then you must differentiate between them in both the text and your List of references by listing them as a, b, c etc.
Citing secondary sources
When citing secondary sources (ie an author refers to a work you have not read) cite the secondary source, but include the name of the author and date of publication of the original source in the text.
Only the secondary source should be listed in your List of references. You should only cite secondary sources if you are unable to read the original source yourself.

source:http://www.wmin.ac.uk/page-8421

***You can use also APA and MLA citation style***
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kate Mariel Dizon

PostSubject: INTRODUCTION   Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:18 pm

I am Kate Mariel A. Dizon. Surprised My feelings about the subject are mixed. Basically, I am excited about the subject, yet dreadful at the same time. Research is a very interesting field- it gives you an opportunity to think critically and innovate. Therefore, I expect the subject to be very challenging and mind-probing. As for the teacher, *ehem* my expectations barely changed. As in the past subjects he has handled, I expect him to be critical of our work. This time, however, I expect his (constructive) criticisms will be "more constructive" and his standards of the quality of our work will be a notch higher. Still, at the end, I expect to learn a lot from this subject and harness the power of technology to help make our world a greener place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://katemarieldizon.blogspot.com/
mariechelle alcoriza

PostSubject: a brief introduction   Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:08 pm

hello! i am mariechelle jean alcoriza. with respect to the subject, i am expecting that it will be very challenging and needs tremendous patience and perseverance from the students. to my instructor, just like in my past experiences from him, i am hoping that he will continue to contribute great ideas for the betterment of the research proposal.

good day!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Karren D. Adarna

PostSubject: rEsEaRcH   Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:22 am

I'm Karren Adarna..the truth is I am a bit nervous about this subject, I mean, I can't help it, there are lots of WHAT IF'S in my mind..What if I can't do it..What if I will not be able to present a topic..this and that..On the other hand, I consider taking this subject as the best time to prove to myself that I am able if I would just work hard and give my best. It's about time to take things seriously..as in serious!! I hope our professor will continue to support us, help us,encourage us, and understand us.. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Juvy T. Raña

PostSubject: Introduction   Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:28 pm

helo... I'm Juvy T. Raña..... honestly this subject i feel nervous...... but i expect that i will learned lots of this subject and more improvement in myself specially in making my research paper.... to our teacher...... more knowledge and discovery related to the subject...that i can apply specially to my project... Sad Smile

god bless and good luck........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PrincessLerit

PostSubject: This is it...   Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:45 am

Hmmmn...I'm Princess A. Lerit. Hmmmn...Finally, I have this subject now but i guess butterflies are in my stomach now. Frankly, I'm really scared of this subject because as of now i don't know what topic to propose but I'm very sure that this subject will help me a lot in getting a good jod in the near future Very Happy Very Happy As of our instructor, I know that he can guide us very well in this subject:D
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://princessekeanne.blogspot.com
Jalil O. Paniamba-an

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:26 pm

Hello, I'm Jalil Paniamba-an... hmmm, I think this subject will be a challenging and taxing subject for most of us here. But still, it will be a worthwhile and fun experience for us. I am frankly, a bit nervous about this subject, as most of us enrolled in this subject are. Anyway, with this subject, I can be a better IT professional in the near future..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
angel mae b. brua

PostSubject: ..expecation..   Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:12 pm

hi.. Im Angel Mae B. Brua.. Well, this is my 5th time as a student of Sir, and again, what I expect from this subject is that it requires more, more, more, and more patient. Requires money as well. Since this is a research subject, I expect that I resourceful and no sleeping moments again. Ajah!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gelaneam.blogspot.com
hannah rhea hernandez

PostSubject: hurdles...   Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:13 pm

hi I am Hannah Rhea Hernandez... and like the others who answered before me my feelings towards this subject is a bit mixed. I am excited to do research work especially now that it is going to be done individually but at the same time my nerves are going berserk. I know that going through this semester especially this subject is gonna be a journey full of bumps, detours and road stops but I will try my best to face all of it.

I hope that our professor will continue to be understanding and patient with us and that my friends and classmates will extend a hand of help if I need it and be assured that I will do the same.

I wish us all luck. We need it.!!! hahahaha lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://woophie.blogspot.com
ronie_biloy

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:56 pm

Like other students, also this is the first time I encounter this subject and I am so excited to have an INC on my grade...(jejeje).. For that thinking , now I encouraged myself to pursue finding topics and prepare all the necessary data's that i want to had. Question: How can i do that? since I'm easily get tired of doing reading. So for this , this is a challenge that i want to surpass, fighting with those weaknesses I must able to do this whether I like it or not.. For the heart that never give up and with the help of our God and our instructor , I can do this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SherylCaguimbaga

PostSubject: INTRODUCTION   Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:05 pm

Hi, I am Sheryl L. Caguimbaga Shocked . Well, Research is an interesting subject and exciting as well yet it made me scared but that is not the problem; my problem now is what topic to present. However, I am expecting words of encouragement and more constructive criticisms from our professor. JAI HO! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mary Grace E. Gabayeron

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:40 pm

ahnyeong!!!!
Razz

I am Mary Grace Gabayeron. I'm a 4th year Bachelor of Science in Computer Science student. Actually, it is my 5th year in the University and in this college. cheers I like writing and such stuff but I think I am not ready for this subject yet. No but somehow I know I will be used to it. The subject itself makes me scared as well as it excites me. It makes me scared because I know I will be complying an incomplete grade for the subject at the end of the semester...(sigh) Crying or Very sad.If INC makes me scared, what excites me? Question The fact that I will learn new things excites me much. I cannot only learn on subjects that includes the theme "Green Computing" but to learn another lessons of life. I'm expecting that kind of lessons from sir. Not to mention words that you think are criticisms but when you ponder it more it turns to be words of encouragement. cheers cheers

Last edited by Mary Grace E. Gabayeron on Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gabayeron13.blogspot.com/
Cherryannmontejo

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:27 am

Hey people…This is Cherry ann Montejo. When I think of the subject itself, it makes my hair stands. What more with the professor, right? Whew..Kidding aside, I like the idea that sir RSG is the instructor because I know that he can be the right person to guide me in finding what I need to find regarding the subject.
just stay cute sir para matakdan mi..sa imong kacute..

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://authenticallyblack.blogspot.com/
ace sandoval

PostSubject: expectations   Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:30 am

Hi I'm Ace Andrion Sandoval, a 4th year Bachelor of Science in Computer Science student.
I'm an eager learner.
Most of the time, I challenge myself to do something better than someone else.
I expect to be challenged again to do a research worth my effort and time.
I expect to have a research material that could somehow help other people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
John Deo Luengo

PostSubject: INTRODUCTION   Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:53 pm

I'm John Deo T. Luengo, fourth year CS student but this is my fifth year in college.
I expect that this subject would be more challenging for me. And also it will test my stored knowledge in English language (Oh men). I really hope that I could exert effort to find a nice topic for my research and finish it on time. affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ymrebmomville

PostSubject: expectations   Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:01 pm

(MIS_1 + MIS_2 + HRM) X 2 = research method

that's my expectation on this subject... harhar

i think it's quite obvious... hehehe... ^_^

the formula itself is understandable... hehe
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://freedailyarticles.com/
Charess G. Longjas

PostSubject: ME   Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:27 pm

Annyeong..I'm Charess Longjas..BSCS..
I am expecting that this subject will be a little harder especially on finding a topic about Green Computing...hehehe..
But I do hope that we can all do it and present a good research.
I am also expecting the support/encouragements that sir gave us before and maybe a bit of positive critism...hehehe.. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sherwin S. Gaum

PostSubject: Greetings!   Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:41 pm

Good morning..
I'm Sherwin Sorongon Gaum, a fourth year BS in Computer Science Student.
I Hope we will have a harmonious and productive discussion about our research proposal because it is going to be tough time for all of us, classmates.
Formulating research topic, about green computing, would not be that easy. It requires enough time, thorough investigation or some supporting details to address a certain problem. Working into our different project proposal in cooperative manner or sharing ideas would be a big help. Research requires enough or sufficient time to finish and hoping that our great instructor will put enough consideration on this issue. God bless us all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ronic.Concepcion

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:50 am

Hi classmates and Sir Gamboa!
I am Ronic Winmar B. Concepcion. I am expecting that this subject will be very informative and if possible interesting and fun. I am also hoping that Sir Gamboa will impart to us his knowledge on this subject and i hope that everyone will also cooperate. I am also hoping that all of you will visit my blog and add my blog to your blogroll ...thanks. visit http://pccian.orgfree.com or www.pccian.tk regularly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mylair.tk
Mary Rossini Diamante

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:41 pm

Hey!I'm Mary Rossini Diamante. Anxious as I can be with the required paper for for this subject, I am anticipating that critical thinking and analysis shall be practiced. Nights of lack of sleep, test of patience, proper time management, innovative ideas, and lots of hard work tasks shall befall upon us (aw.kuyawa bah.khadlok!). I'm looking forward that Sir Gamboa would provide us with guidance and knowledge and that he will be accommodating especially with questions and advices. pls en tenkU sir.hehe Godbless sa ato tnan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ermilyn anne magaway

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:25 pm

Hi!.. I'm Ermilyn Anne S. Magaway... My friends call me Anne or Ermz.... I'm a 4th year student (irregular) but I'm on my 5 years of residency here at the University... hehehe...

Actually. this is my first time in this subject but my second time with our teacher.... and honestly I don't know where to start... I am still adjusting...

My expectation for this subject is we can gain more knowledge from our mentors..... Hope its not boring... I'm looking forward to have an enjoyment in this subject...

With regards to our Professor, I know I don't really know him well but what I've observed about him is he really want us to learn from our own mistakes...

and maybe I could find a very good and useful title to my baby thesis... hehehe....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
charmaine anne quadizar

PostSubject: introduction   Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:58 am

Hi sir! I'm Charmaine Anne Quadizar, fifth yr in IC
but still alive and keep on kicking .Now I'm a regular 4th yr.
This is it! Research method?? sounds familiar...INC...
I'm expecting that I can pass this subject..lolz..
I know this will be another challenging subject.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.charmisme.blogspot.com
Esalle Joy Jabines

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:53 am

I'm Esalle Joy R. Jabines. A 4th year BSCS student.
This is my fifth year in the Institute of Computing.
I hope I can finish the requirement on time so I can pass the subject on time.<hahaha>
I also hope that I won't get an INC for this subject.
GOODLUCK to all!!jejeje
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jonel Amora

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:47 pm

Hi I'm Jonel Amora, 18 year old 4th year bachelor of science in computer science student.
I am expecting that this subject would be a "burden" for me.. hahaha i hate doing research.
But still i am hoping to pass this subject.
As to my expectation to the instructor, i don't expect much..
Except that he would not let us fail the subject..hahaha
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jdamora.blogspot.com/
lizyl mercurio

PostSubject: Live the Life of Lizyl   Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:16 pm

I guess i have to start this with a simple "hi!!!" I am Lizyl P. Mercurio.. an ordinary fifth year student in an extraordinary university; University of Southeastern Philippines.. I've been taking Bachelor of Science in Computer Science for almost (ironically speaking) 5years. And still surviving and not quitting (yehey!). I expect to pass the subject (direct to the point huh). To Dr. Gamboa, mmm, it isn't my first time to be one of his student thus I don't have any expectations anymore. Maybe I could give that to myself though ( goodluck & Godbless to me). That's it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCTION   

Back to top Go down

INTRODUCTION
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1