HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Brua and Gascal (Research Topic)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
angel mae b. brua

PostSubject: Brua and Gascal (Research Topic)   Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:29 pm

Another research topic. Hoping to be approved.

Situational Analysis:

Using of cellphone is not a question to each of us. Meaning, we used it everyday. Answering calls and text. And our cellphones have the ability to be battery drained. And that's the time, we use charger for it.

So what is really the problem?? Based on observation, many people uses their cellphone while charging. Sometimes in receiving text messages or even answering calls. Based on readings, cell phones emit radiation. This radiation can cause tumor that connects to the ear to the brain or acoustic neuroma. Chargers emit heats which causes the battery to be filled again after emptying the battery. One factor that can emits radiation more is because of heat. Heat in a cellphone can also causes the skin to dry. If the user uses his/her cellphone while charging, or he/she accepts call or text messages while charging, the heat that the cellphone emits going to the cellphone can trigger more radiation, together with the radiation being emitted by the transmitter in accepting calls or text, plus the radiation being emitted by the signal of the cellphone.

Proposed Solution

In addressing to the problem, we decide to create a mobile application that locks the screen of the cell phone while charging. The user of the cellphone can't manipulate or open any application in his/her cellphone while the charger is still on plug. The user can only use his.her cellphone if the charging is finished or the charger is unplugged to his cellphone. If the user attempts to use his cellphone, there will be a prompt the tells "currently charging". With this simple application, it can lessen the chances of the user to absorb the radiation being emitted by the cellphone.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gelaneam.blogspot.com
Jonel Amora

PostSubject: Re: Brua and Gascal (Research Topic)   Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:12 am

When you said "Locks the screen", does that mean that it is all black?? I mean, I cannot see anything on the screen??

What if someone texts me? Will I get to know that someone texted me?? hahahaha I don't use ring tones, so I am most probably relying on what I see on the screen. If the screen is locked how will I know if I got a new message??

By the way, I do it every time. Especially If I have conference calls that lasts 6 hours, I charge while using my cp because my cp won't last for 6 hours without charging if used on calls, but I use headphones while using my cp.

Another thing, If my cp is 3310, can I use the application?? or the applications are limited to cp's of newer model. 3310 is still used in calling, actually most 3310 users does charging while having a call because its battery is weaker compared to those newer model plus 3310 cp don't have headphones so most probably they put the phone directly on their ears while calling. ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jdamora.blogspot.com/
Jonel Amora

PostSubject: Re: Brua and Gascal (Research Topic)   Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:01 am

hihi actually its a nice research if ever approved... Just give more details on how this thing works..^^
gudluck sa ato.. hihihi
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jdamora.blogspot.com/
angel mae b. brua

PostSubject: Re: Brua and Gascal (Research Topic)   Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:29 am

On jonnel's question, since what we are about to do is a mobile application, it can't be utilized or used in 3310 cellphones or other cellphones that can't accepts java applications. That's the limitation of our study. We are proposing only for those cellphones that are highly technical. Then, the other question is that, what if someone will text. Will the user know that someone did text him/her. In a given scenario, when we buy new batteries for our cellphone, the saleslady will suggest while charging we must turn off our cellphone, not only for our battery to become useful for a long period of time as well as to protect our cellphones from the effects of the heat that are being emitted by the battery. Then, the answer would be no. Unless, the charging is already finished. In this way, it can also lessen the emitting of radiation.
Back to top Go down
concerne

PostSubject: Re: Brua and Gascal (Research Topic)   Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:26 am

hadloka diay sa cellphone oe mag beeper na lng ko! hehe

seriously, wala baya ko nakagunit ug cellphone for about 4 years na so naga wonder lng ko from bat empty gani, iirc kng mag charge ka naa ka makita bars nga naga move indicating naga charge imong cellphone. question nko kay naa ba naga run ana na software sa background which is why naga move ang katong bars?
if no, pasabot ba ani pwede nimo ma bypass ang system by opening your cellphone from off state? more specifically, unsa bah ang conditions para mag activate ang system? kelangan lng bah niya nakasaksak xa sa charger or dapat pud nah dili pa full ang battery?

on related note:
Quote :
In addressing to the problem, we decide to create a mobile application that locks the screen of the cell phone while charging. The user of the cellphone can't manipulate or open any application in his/her cellphone while the charger is still on plug. The user can only use his.her cellphone if the charging is finished or the charger is unplugged to his cellphone. If the user attempts to use his cellphone, there will be a prompt the tells "currently charging". With this simple application, it can lessen the chances of the user to absorb the radiation being emitted by the cellphone.
gina assume nimo nah mu surrender ang user ana diba. what if dili. what if ang muopen anang cellphone kay friend sa owner tapos wala jud xa kaalam-alam sa ani na system. diba ang reaction man ana kay mag try jud xa ug ways para ma open nah kay mao man na ang de facto na system sa mga phones - wala naka lock ang phone pag naka charge. warag counterproductive nah diba kay muspend sila ug time trying to open the phone na mas dali lng man unta by pila lng ka presses para makita niya ang message ni gi send sa uyab sa owner na iyang amiga?

on another related note:
mas gina prefer nko na dili ni gamiton ang kani na system. why? simple lng. mas daghan ka options. magamit dayun nimo ang cell lalo na pag emergency ang call or pwede nimo dili xa gamiton kng spam text lng man diay. disiplina lng inuon kelangan.
Back to top Go down
angel mae b. brua

PostSubject: Re: Brua and Gascal (Research Topic)   Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:56 am

mao gani gihimo na system para madisiplina ang user. and about atong dili kabalo ang user mugamit sa system, fake kaayo kai mao gani nag buhat mi ug research topic ana. and naa man pud siguro niy user manual kung ma-implement jud. and isa pa, wala jud ko kasabot sa imong point, ang nasabtan lang nako kai dili nimu ipagamit ang system. well, makit-an man na base on researches kung unsa jud kadako ang impact sa paggamit sa cellphone habang naka-charge. not necessary na humanon ang charging. kai naa man pud nag propose ana na system. as long as while charging, dili jud niya mahilabtan iang phone.
Back to top Go down
angel mae b. brua

PostSubject: Re: Brua and Gascal (Research Topic)   Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:00 pm

and as far as im concerned pud, grabe na nag usage sa cellphone nowadays. kung wala ka nakagamit sa imong cellphone for 4 years, well, congrats. we are not referring to you as our user, we are referring this to users who abusively using their cellphone. that even naka-charge na, time na na maka take ug rest ang cellphone, ginagamit pa jud. ana lang pud ka simple. sa imong ginaingon disiplina lang, well, pwede man kaayo na mahitabo. pero kung dili jud kaya disiplinahon, mao pud ni ang possible solution na madisiplina ang users.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brua and Gascal (Research Topic)   

Back to top Go down

Brua and Gascal (Research Topic)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1