HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

All Shut Down

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Leover Labor

PostSubject: All Shut Down   Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:52 pm

This research is for people who are often leaving their computer in standby phase.

We, students and people who are using computers are much likely to just leave our computers and just let it as is for some reason like "it takes time in turning off and on a computer and hate waiting". With this attitude, we didn't know that we are producing CO2 indirectly and thus result in global warming.

In my prevoius proposal is about encouraging people all over the would to change their way of treating their personal computers to turn off when not in use and lessen the use of standby. However, these is rather slow and really need of motivation and therefore, I would like to shift it's way.

As an extension, my research is still like previous but using a little "brute force". Still its about making a program that counts the idle time of a certain computer then shut it down instead of standby when the specified number of idle time reached. But this shut down is that only the computer system unit is turned off and while other computer machines like monitor, printer and scanner are still consuming energy. This machines can be turn off by modifying its power source using the computer system unit as its control unit to cut thier power supply.

This will help people who are busy in work in office who often forget to turn off their computers after work or leaving the office and for those who slept during overtime work in office or at home.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eyesee

PostSubject: Re: All Shut Down   Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:35 pm

Leover Labor wrote:
This research is for people who are often leaving their computer in standby phase.

We, students and people who are using computers are much likely to just leave our computers and just let it as is for some reason like "it takes time in turning off and on a computer and hate waiting". With this attitude, we didn't know that we are producing CO2 indirectly and thus result in global warming.

In my prevoius proposal is about encouraging people all over the would to change their way of treating their personal computers to turn off when not in use and lessen the use of standby. However, these is rather slow and really need of motivation and therefore, I would like to shift it's way.

As an extension, my research is still like previous but using a little "brute force". Still its about making a program that counts the idle time of a certain computer then shut it down instead of standby when the specified number of idle time reached. But this shut down is that only the computer system unit is turned off and while other computer machines like monitor, printer and scanner are still consuming energy. This machines can be turn off by modifying its power source using the computer system unit as its control unit to cut thier power supply.

This will help people who are busy in work in office who often forget to turn off their computers after work or leaving the office and for those who slept during overtime work in office or at home.

pls see mr. mijares or ms. hernandez ... more or less same topic ..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leover Labor

PostSubject: Re: All Shut Down   Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:59 pm

In comparison to other research topic with similar function in making restriction in computer usage,

In comparison with Mr. Mijares and his team, their topic describe as:
Spoiler:

As stated above, it’s all a time restriction and has a fix amount of time defined by the user for restricting usage of a computer unit and applicable also for a laptop. The software is for household setting for kids or people in house to limit the usage a computer unit.

In comparison with Ms. Hernadez and his team, their topic describe as:

Spoiler:

It seems that their going to create a program that schedule power management and the unit go to low power consumption mode that is for home use.

In the my research, my program is about to detect the number of time of elapse and when a certain amount of time defined by the user has been reached, the system will prompt the user for a countdown for system shut down that is cancelable if the user is present or else it will shut down. This shut down only the system unit of the PC while the monitor or other device connected to the unit still turns on which consume electricity known as vampire energy. In my research, I’ll provide some hardware that will shut down all of them once the main system is shuts off. With this, my vision in green computing by completely cutting off the power supply and stop wasting power that is not in use will be implemented.

As my research is all about the shutting all components in and computer itself, this research is applicable for Personal Computers only with other many components attached on it like in home or in office PC. Resolving for what I have seen that some office official just left their PC turn on even leaving the office.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
concerne

PostSubject: Re: All Shut Down   Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:59 am

kng tamad jud ka ibton diay nimo ang plug sa computer. i think gina complicate nimo ang situation.

imposible man gud ang persona na imong gina portray. warag labo kaayo naay ana ka tamad na tao na maski mag switch off dili nya buhaton pero mu-care xa na magbutang ug mechanism (hardware or software) para lng maka tabang sa problem nato sa global warming gikan sa isa ka contributor na dili jud main factor sa problem.

. isa ni sa paborito nako na anecdote gina tandaan nko kng mag code ko. basi makatabang xa enlighten sa akong gina point out.
Back to top Go down
concerne

PostSubject: Re: All Shut Down   Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:02 am

oops sorry mali ang link.
Back to top Go down
concerne

PostSubject: Re: All Shut Down   Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:04 am

waa senxa na.. replace XX with tt >>hXXp://thedailywtf.com/Articles/The_Complicator_0x27_s_Gloves.aspx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Shut Down   

Back to top Go down

All Shut Down
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1